Obligatory Holiday Post
As the title indicates, I felt like a holiday post was kind of required given that the blog was up prior to Christmas.
Most of you reading this are either currently working in sport or in school hoping to work in sport soon. If you are in either of those categories, your life has probably been non-stop craziness since at least August. My holiday wish for all of you is that you take advantage of the next week to enjoy some down time.
I know it is hard to be away from work/school and get the brain to switch gears to vacation. But, it has got to be done and this is one of your few chances to do it all year. Don’t worry: school and work will be back in full swing before you know it. So, please please please take advantage of this time to decompress because it will make you better at everything you do moving forward.
To help you get in the holiday/rest mode, I came up with a top 10 list of things to do that are not work/school related over the next week.
- Enjoy all of the bowl games. * If you need to be competitive, then challenge yourself to NOT have the BCS/Playoff debate while watching one game.
- Cheer for your favorite college basketball team as they get geared up for conference play.
- Attend a local H.S. basketball game (remember how much fun H.S. sports were).
- Bake! When else are you going to have time to do this?
- Reconnect with high school or college friends and/or ex-teammates just to say “hi”
- Catch up on the last six months of movies that you have missed. Burn After Reading? Madagascar 2? Four Christmases?
- Begin the exercise program that you have been thinking about. * Athens folks.. the Athens 1/2 and full marathon is about 17 weeks away.
- Read all of the leadership/sales/presenting/personal growth books you have bought because someone said you “had to read it” (O.K., this is kind of work/school related, but still a decent idea).
- Just sit on the couch and enjoy family with a nice cocktail in your hand.
- Make New Year’s resolutions (try to be realistic and only set those that you won’t break on Jan 1st or 2nd).
If you happen to be traveling to a game of any sort to support your team, I wish you the best of luck. I’ll be back soon with my thoughts on recruiting.
No comments yet.